Japanese Steamed Rice
Steamed rice is a staple food for almost any Japanese meal. It is soft and sticky compared to other kinds of Asian rice. Rice is called a “main dish” in Japan since starch is emphasized more than other dishes such as meat.
In this section, we would like to share about how to cook Japanese steamed rice! Stay tuned
You could cook rice in a rice cooker (suihanki) if you have it. In that case, please follow the instructions of your rice cooker.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 3-4 servings
• 1 cup short-grain rice (or Calrose rice) (using 240ml cup)
• 1 1/2 cup water (360ml)
1. Put rice in a bowl. Wash and pour water out, then repeat 2 more times.
2. Place rice and water in a heavy pot. Let it soak for 30 minutes.
3. Cook the rice without lid at high heat until it boils. Stir and reduce heat to low. Then cook covered for 15 minutes.
4. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
Then, it will be ready to serve.
Anyway, we also using Japanese rice too as our dishes : sushi, house set menu, donburi, seiro gohan, etc! Taste the differences!